Friday, June 4, 2010

Last Day of School Celebrations

Every year I plan to do something to celebrate the end-of-the-school year with my kids, but those plans never seem to happen. I am always just too tired by the end of the year activities to get something fun planned. To make up for my guilt, I usually end up taking them to their favorite fast food restaurant as a special treat and that has somehow become our tradition.

I found a great article titled “Schools Out Celebration” that has a bunch of easy ways to celebrate the end of school. The idea of creating a bucket of fun with new crayons and other projects in a sandbucket sounds like a fun way to kick off summer. I also really like the idea of making a “Welcome to Summer” banner for the kids to run through when the get home from school on the last day. I think that my kids would really enjoy this – After they eat their Happy Meal at McDonalds, of course.

What traditions to do you have for the last day of school?

1 comment:

  1. I love the banner to run through! What a clever idea. I could even see my teen son doing that.

    ReplyDelete