Thursday, July 15, 2010

Apples to Apples Junior

Since it has been so hot lately, I picked up Apples to Apples Junior last week to give us a new game to play. My kids have been on a board game kick and I am pretty sure that I have reached my limit on Uno.

Apples to Apples had been recommended by a friend and we have really enjoyed it. While the ages say nine and up, my eight year old can easily play it and my seven-year old just needs occassional help with reading a few words. The premise of the game that the one person is the Judge each round and puts down a green card. The other players pick a card from their own hand that is most like the card that is played (hence the name Apples to Apples). Many of the cards are silly and the answers that the kids have come up with have made us all laugh.

In addition to being fun, both of my kids have learned several new vocabulary words. I highly recommend Apples to Apples Junior and we plan on getting the regular version (for ages 12 and up) in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment